Wednesday, May 20, 2015

God Will Give You The Faith You Need

Life can be joyous, stressful, overwhelming, exciting, exhilarating, sad, whimsical ... and the list of adjectives can go on and on. That's A LOT to deal with on any day. Such a wide range of emotions and responsibilities. So how do you grasp the courage and the patience to accomplish the things you think you're not strong enough or big enough for? You have faith.

Don't get me wrong, it's not always easy to have faith. Sometimes we need to dig really deep to boost our confidence. We may need to hear other people reinforce us; telling us 'we have what it takes' and that 'we can do it' (whatever IT is). We're human. We all have doubts.

For a teenager you might be trying to convince yourself that it's worth trying one more time to go to school; that maybe today will be the day the bullies leave you alone.

For a young mother you might be thinking that you'll never get any sleep or be the size 8 you used to be before you had your baby.

For the person with an addiction you may be wondering 'what is your rock bottom'? How low will you have to go before you realize you need to change your choices and your life? And will there be anybody left in your corner to help you once you finally make that choice?
 
We all have daily hurdles; time restraints, traffic, parenting, our jobs, etc. We all have life hurdles; will we find the one special person to spend the rest of our lives with, will we ever lose the 10-15 pounds that will undoubtedly make us healthier, will we ever achieve basic financial security, or will we ever accomplish our hopes and dreams?
 
I don't pretend to have all the answers or claim that I have my life completely figured out and exactly the way I want it, but I do have faith. Faith that I fought cancer and can live another day. Faith that my husband is loyal and loves me. Faith that while I may not be a perfect parent, I am the best parent that I know how to be right now. And I have faith that God knows my needs better than I do and He will give me the strength, courage, and patience I need to get through whatever life throws at me.
 
How about you? Could you use an extra dose of faith today? What hurdle are you currently trying to get over?

No comments:

Post a Comment