Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Getting Up & Moving On


Cross your fingers (& toes) for me today. It's been 4 weeks since I broke my ankle and I lost my independence as I knew it. Don't get me wrong I truly appreciate all of my chauffeured rides back and forth to work every day, but I feel like not only has this broken ankle turned my life upside down, but also my dear husband's. He's a sweetie and has proven to me more times than I can count that he would do just about anything for me. I hope he knows how special he is to me and that I would do the same for him.

So this afternoon I get an xray and see how I'm mending. My goal is for the doctor to say 'Why you've healed faster than any patient I've ever had! Of course you can take the 'boot' off and return to all of your normal activities as soon as you want." ... ok ... so do you think I'm dreaming? perhaps dillusional? When the boot went on the doctor said 4-6 weeks, but he would take a new xray at 4 weeks and see where things stood (no pun intended). Somehow all I heard was '4 weeks'. I suppose that's normal - I know a lot of people who tend to hear what they want to hear. Don't you?

Needless to say, I'll either be a really happy camper this afternoon or I'll get a reality check. That's hard to accept when you've been told numerous times that you have a bit of a controlling personality.

Oh well, time will tell. But if you wouldn't mind sending some good vibes my way ... I certainly wouldn't turn them down. I'm really anxious to be 'getting up & moving on'.

No comments:

Post a Comment