Monday, April 2, 2018

Clear To Move Ahead

Every where you look on the roads there are orange construction barrels; obstacles at almost every turn. You try to get from point A to point B, but have to be creative with your routes, as well as your time. Obstacles, though, aren't just on the roads. They seem to present themselves in our daily lives too.

If you're like me, you have goals and well thought out plans of how to get there ... or so we think. It's become almost expected that a plan B should be in your back pocket (just in case). A portion of nearly every Saturday for my past few months has been spent working on a specific project; not a project I choose or enjoy, but one that needs to be done every year regardless. Everything else gets put on hold until 'the project' has been completed. Today is that day; the day I get the 'all clear' to move ahead. The moment I get to see the light at the end of my proverbial tunnel.

This week, for me, is all about feeling like I am finally moving forward. Four weeks ago today I had surgery. Life has returned back to normal, but in some ways my plans were put on hold. Having the energy I needed to get through my days ... on hold. Wanting to exercise and take walks because the spring weather has been starting to show its face ... on hold. Feeling motivated ... definitely on hold. Today has been a good day; the day I feel like the flight attendant has just announced 'you are now free to remove your seat belt and move around the cabin'. I must admit that it's a good feeling; a feeling that is overdue.

What projects have had you feeling weighed down?

Have you been able to conquer them?

What would you like to do now with a your spare time?

No comments:

Post a Comment