Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kicking Off 2012!

It's the beginning of a new year. There's a lot of talk about resolutions, changes we have good intentions of making, big hopes and even some dreams. Many of us will succeed at some and others we'll fall a little short. But that's the reality of it. So I'm curious ... did YOU make any resolutions for this year? I know one person who said they want to be smoke free in 2012, another wants to lose weight and get healthy, and another just wants to be happy. My resolutions and goals for 2012 are to be healthy, to have a positive attitude and to grow in my abilities.

It's January 3rd and I already feel like I'm off to a good start. Today I went back to work after being off for 11 days. All in all it was a REALLY busy day, but at the same time - very productive. The first day back is always the longest whether you've been off for 2 days or 10. I came home tonight feeling a little tired, but at the same time I felt energized. I feel like this is my year to make a difference. For the last week I've had some ideas churning around in the back of mind - things I want to accomplish this year to make a difference for myself, as well as others around me.

Whether we can share our goals openly with others or we're more comfortable keeping them to ourselves until we have just a bit more confidence, it's important that we stay positive and supportive with those around us. I don't know if the person standing next to me in line at the grocery store is thinking about whether or not to take on a challenge - a friendly conversation or a positive word could be very supportive. Today someone approached me at work and asked if they could try to write an article for an upcoming newsletter. I had asked them to contribute in the past, but they weren't ready and it was clearly out of their comfort zone. I could not be happier for this person. They lost someone very dear to them in 2011. They said they'd been thinking a lot about it and felt they really have something positive to share. They asked if I would help them. This is just one reason why I think 2012 is going to be a GREAT year for so many people.

We have unlimited choices and opportunities. I, for one, can't wait to make the most of them. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment