Friday, October 10, 2014

What does your perfect world look like?

The world today is a tricky place. There are a lot of positives, as well as negatives. They are things we have absolutely no control over and things we can have an impact on if we try hard enough. In a perfect world I'm sure we'd all like to believe there could be world peace, no war, no poverty, no hunger, and no disease. These items all seem to be bigger than the average person though. While I think we all know I have a very serious side and am full of compassion, I also like to try to lighten the mood and the stress level whenever I can. It doesn't mean I don't still think about how to change what many believe to be the unchangeable, but it means I try to lesson the pressure and start small in hopes of gaining momentum and someday tackling the bigger issues.

So, in the spirit of keeping things light ... 'What would your perfect world look like?

  • We'd be able to eat ice cream EVERY day and lose weight.
  • The ratio of colorful marshmallows to grained cereal would be higher in a bowl of Lucky Charms.
  • In my husband's perfect world he would be allowed to keep the Christmas tree up 12 months out of the year.
  • For me, I would be able to overcome my anxiety of going to the dentist.
  • There would be a 20 minute recess for adults if they had a work day that was longer than 8 hours.
  • In an efficient world, people would be on time and respect each other's time.
  • In a respectful world, people would keep their word. Deals used to be made with a handshake; today even a signed contract isn't always worth the paper it's written on.
If the bigger and more important issues were all taken care of what would it take for your little corner of the world to be a little more perfect? What would make you smile in anticipation?

1 comment: