Saturday, June 1, 2013

Spontaneous Greenery!

Nothing like a spontaneous green thumb moment. I used a 50th birthday gift card this afternoon to buy a few pots of flowers, then was inspired to run by Home Depot this evening. They have this hidden gem (at least I like to think it's a secret) that comes out Memorial Day weekend and lasts until they're gone ... 88 cent geraniums! That's right only 88 cents. They come in red, white, and two shades of pink. They're the perfect size for adding to porch & patio pots ... not too big and not too small. So what did I do? I knelt down on my green rubber knee cushion and planted patio pots ... in the sprinkles ... in the dark. Yep. That's right. I'm spontaneous and a gardening die hard.

Sometimes when an inspiration comes along you just have to go for it. It didn't matter that it was getting dark or sprinkling. The plants would need watering anyway, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment