Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Someone really did read my blog!!

The most awesome thing happened to me last week. I discovered that someone really read my blog! I have to admit I felt a bit of a rush. I know that I write for myself and the pure enjoyment of it, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it's nice to hear sometimes that someone else is reading it too.

A couple of blog entries ago I wrote about entering contests and asked people to share what the coolest thing was that they had ever won. My brother then emailed me to tell me that a couple of years ago he had won Super Bowl tickets when the Indianapolis Colts were playing. My son also emailed me to ask that 'if' I should win Cedar Point tickets could he drive in to town to join us. So I soon discovered that just because people didn't post their comments on the blog didn't mean that they weren't reading it. I guess they're just more comfortable sharing their comments with me directly. And that's o.k. (although I'm sure other readers might have enjoyed reading what they had to say).

If you didn't read that particular entry feel free to scroll back and check it out. I'd still like to hear about any crazy (or not so crazy) things that you've won in the past. Ok, back to the awesome thing that happened. Someone I know contacted me last Friday and offered me tickets to the local Josh Groban concert the next night ... they said 'I read somewhere that you were a HUGE Josh Groban fan'. OMG!! Not only did someone READ my blog, but I wrote something that apparently was memorable! How cool is that? And by the way ... the concert was AMAZING!!!



So THANK YOU for the tickets (you know who you are)! You totally made my weekend.

On a side note, I added an email sign up box on the right side of the blog. Feel free to enter your email address. You'll receive my blog entrys automatically that way. I know I have a couple of blogs that I follow and way too often I forget about checking in on them because I get busy with other things.

1 comment:

  1. You are a great writer and I enjoy reading your blog.
    p.s. You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete