Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Be Intentional In Your Actions

If you've been following my blog (or if you haven't I suppose that's o.k.) you should notice that most of my blog posts are generally about the same length. For whatever reason I seem to be consistent with how long it takes me to relate whatever is on my mind. I know ... so much for being direct and to the point right?

Here is something to ponder; at least for me. I've heard it said that actions are worth more than words. It's easy to say you're going to do something, but it's quite another to actually do it. To actually accomplish something takes commitment. We can dream, we can hope, and we can forecast how we think we will do something; BUT until we actually DO it ... it's nothing more than words. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy words (a lot) but I also take great pride when I can follow through on something I've written about or said. 
 
Like everything in life it's often easier to plan something than actually succeed at it. Our plan needs to be one of action. When we can become intentional in our actions that is when we will see things start to happen; we'll begin to see our hard work come to fruition.
 
So the next time you hear yourself talking and someone else reminding you that actions speak louder than words; know that they're not trying to criticize ... rather they might actually be trying to motivate and inspire. Sometimes that's what we need; a gentle or non-so-subtle nudge to let us know someone sees what we're striving for.
 
What have you been intentional about lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment