Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Go Ahead ... Take The Picture!

It's normal to sometimes compare yourself to others; whether they be people that you actually know or just people you know of. Even the most confident person will have days when they think someone else does something better than they do. We'll doubt our abilities, our confidence will waver, and we'll secretly wonder if we can do it (whatever IT is).

There will always be someone I think bakes or cooks better than I do, prays better (out loud) than me, sings better, draws better, has more patience, has a better public speaking voice, and takes better pictures. Today I took a picture with my cell phone from the parking lot where I work of a perfect sunrise. I was in the moment. I don't have that natural ability to take the perfect picture like some people do, but today I took a chance. It was too good of an opportunity to not at least TRY.

Judge for yourself. I posted this photo to Facebook this morning and got 40+ Likes and plenty of comments that involved 'Oohs' and 'Ahhs'. Wow! Who knew I had it in me to take such an inspiring photo? The colors were vivid and the lighting was perfect.

The point is that we need to be willing to take a chance. We might surprise ourselves. We might take that perfect picture or bake the perfect pie or hit the spine-tingling high note. Nothing ventured, nothing lost. 

When's the last time you did something and surprised yourself with how well you did?

No comments:

Post a Comment