Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Changes Are Underway!

Are you comfortable with change? Now be honest. I'll admit I enjoy being spontaneous at times and enjoy some adventure, but there are times for all of us when the word 'change' can be a very scary word. Some changes are welcomed and others are not. You may know someone who is planning a wedding or about to have their first child ... those are welcomed changes. If your boss tells you that you're going to be laid off or your auto mechanic tells you the repair bill is going to be expensive ... well, I don't have to tell you what kind of changes those are. You probably already know.

Sometimes changes come into our lives like seasons; we can almost predict them. What we can't predict is how we're going to handle them. Sometimes changes are those things that we have little or no control over. We can often plan for them somewhat, but not completely. That's when we have to learn to be flexible and accept the need to 'go with the flow'.

I, for one, have lots of changes coming up in my life. I recently turned 50 (which really is just a number), but my youngest will soon be graduating from high school and going off to college. Just today I realized that my last blog entry about 'prom dresses' was my 100th blog entry. Guess I should have made a bigger deal out of it, perhaps some confetti shooting off your computer screens?

So this entry on 'changes' is #101. Good place to kick off a new season. I've updated my blog format just a bit and have some ideas in the works. Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life and there's LOTS I want to do.

What are your plans? Any big changes coming up in your life? Perhaps we can support each other along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment